Subject: Re: release failure on alpha (-current)
To: None <>
From: Y. Takizawa <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/2004 23:37:26
In message ``Re: release failure on alpha (-current)''
	Wed Dec 22 17:19:23 JST 2004, (Y. Takizawa) writes:

> > While cross-building -current alpha on i386, i noticed that `
> > release' fails :
> I caught the same failure on i386 and macppc cross-building.
> I think that bootxx_ffs needs the size less than 7680 bytes
> to write to 1.2M boot floppy first track, referring to
> sys/arch/i386/stand/bootxx/Makefile.bootxx for example.
> NetBSD/alpha has no 1.2M boot floppy now, maybe you can
> _void_ the failure to increase checking size (like the following
> patch to fit 1.4M floppy first track). I don't know it is correct
> to fix for boot disks and release building.

I confirmed that release is finished using the patch
mentioned above, but could not boot from my AlphaPC 164LX
SCSI disk installed the bootxx_ffs like this:

>>>boot dka0
(boot dka0. -flags a)
block 0 of dka0. is a valid boot block
reading 16 blocks from dka0.
jumping to bootstrap code

halted CPU 0

halt code = 2
kernel stack not valid halt
pc = fffffc00003ec800

Maybe SRM firmware also read just 16 sectors (8192 bytes)
at boot. Now I have no idea to fix this problem.

Y. Takizawa,