Subject: Re: -current ... tools failure
To: Markus W Kilbinger <>
From: Antti Kantee <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/2004 23:51:03
On Wed Dec 15 2004 at 17:30:32 +0100, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
>   # cd /usr/src/dist/file/
>   # cvs -z3 update -dPA
>   cvs update: Updating .
> I have absolutely no idea how/when this happened, I've never touched
> this file manually...
> Anyway, I'll re-update and keep quiet ... ;-)

I replied to this before seeing your mail, but one more time, since
you're evidence that I wasn't considering only a theoretical problem:

If you updated and tried to build on Monday or Tuesday this week, the
safest thing to do is to remove all of src/dist/file and update the
directory after that.

Apologies for the inconveniece.

Antti Kantee <>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
                "in the beginning were the mother sauces"