Subject: X.Org 6.8.1 + NetBSD 2.9.11 don't work properly
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Claudio M. Camacho <pogmothoin@vodafone.es>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/2004 17:12:47
   Hi all again, first of all, congratulations to NetBSD team for the
2.0 release :)

   I've installed X.Org 6.8.1 from pkgsrc/ in my -current 2.9.11.

   The thing is, when I get the X11 working, and I try to switch to the
text consoles, all the text consoles are so dark, and I can't see
anything, but the system is fine, when I press Ctrl+Alt+Fx to switch to
X again, I get X without problem.

   The problem is after running for first time (after each boot) X, I
cant use the text consoles anymore cause they're so dark.

   I don't have any weird option in my xorg.conf, I have the default
stuff that XOrg -configure makes for me. And I tried using DPMS and
without, but it's the same. I have an ATI Radeon 9200 [RV350], and I use
the "ati" driver. I don't use machfb, I use the default wscons 80x25
(VGA).

   Any idea? Thanks in advance :)

--
Claudio M. Camacho