Subject: Re: Question about building the world with debugging
To: Nathan J. Williams <>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2004 12:36:58

Thanks Nathan!  I figured that there was a very simple trick involving
-g and an environment variable (possibly set via -V), and a quick
message would likely save me several hours of trial and error trying
things like "CFLAGS=-g".

- Doug

Quoting Nathan J. Williams (
> Douglas Wade Needham <> writes:
> >     Is there an easy way to do this with by setting an
> >     environment variable or something??
> -V DBG=-g
> should do the trick.
>         - Nathan

Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.  Since I don't want them, why
            should my employer, or anybody else for that matter!