Subject: Question about building the world with debugging
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2004 23:38:38
	version=3.0.0
Sender: current-users-owner@NetBSD.org

Greetings folks,

I have an unusual and possibly stupid question.  I have a client which
is having problems with a a few executables on one embedded
architecture, which uses a PPC750 CPU.  The really wierd thing is that
the same source tree (a -current release around 2.0F) which is used to
build the one architecture is also used to build for another PPC
architecture machine which has fewer features (no FP HW, single CPU,
etc.), but that machine does not have the same problem.  Given that
ktrace has indicated that the proper values are being passed around,
we would like to build **all* of the libraries and executables with
debugging.  So my question is this:

    Is there an easy way to do this with build.sh by setting an
    environment variable or something??

After digging through files such as BUILDING, build.sh and several
Makefiles, I am wondering if doing something like exporting a
"CFLAGS=-g" into the build would work.  But I figured perhaps someone
had done this sort of thing already and could tell me how well it
worked.

BTW...we don't need to worry about X11.

Thanks!

- Doug