Subject: Re: Linux emulation doesn't like symlinks out of /emul/.. space
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2004 08:50:10
--Zpx5Rz5PkYgiNBE6

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:47:36PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>=20
> Seems that with suse91 I can't have symlinks out of /emul/linux eg I cann=
ot
> have /emul/linux/tmp -> /tmp or /emul/linux/home -> /data/home
>=20
> I don't have older NetBSD or linux emul/libs state around so I can't tell
> if this did work properly before.
>=20
> I've noticed this testing a local install of OpenOffice 1.1.4 and some
> other linux binaries.
>=20
> A guess would be that a stat() call doesn't quite return whats
> expected, and it refuses to walk the symlink.=20
>=20
> Anybody else seeing this?

No.  Compat code is always too happy to comply with absolute symlinks
in my opinion.

Could you ktrace (possibly -i) the program so we can see what fails?

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--Zpx5Rz5PkYgiNBE6

--Zpx5Rz5PkYgiNBE6--