Subject: Re: unbootable new disk?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/2004 14:38:10
[Thus spake Christos Zoulas ("CZ: ") 12:52pm...]

CZ: Which means that the fdisk partition has the wrong magic? I am just guessing.
CZ:
CZ: I would escape to shell and:
CZ:
CZ: 1. Run fdisk -u and make sure you write in the partition in question
CZ:    so that the magic gets fixed [in case that was broken].
CZ: 2. Run fdisk -i to update the mbr; this will use the standard console. You
CZ:    can change it later.
CZ: 3. Run disklabel -r wd0 to see if the label is there. If not, you can use
CZ:    disklabel -I -ir wd0 to create it interactively. If it is there, you
CZ:    can use disklabel -ir wd0 to edit it.

4.  Make sure you set the fdisk partition in question to be "Active" via
	fdisk -a?

				--*greywolf;
--
Woof...