Subject: Re: Crashes in bpf
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2004 18:35:13
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:24:15 +0200
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv@menta.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> during the last few weeks, I've been experiencing (what seem to be) random
> crashes in bpf.  They always happen at system bootup, while dhclient is
> configuring my vr0 card, although they don't happen very often.
>
> In fact, the first time I saw them was maybe two or three weeks ago, though
> I couldn't do anything useful with the crash dumps because my kernel didn't
> have debugging information.  But today, it happened again - now I have a
> kernel with debug info - so I can provide more information.

Humm, I think I'm able to reproduce it.  'tcpdump -i vr0' exposes the problem
most of the times, just before it starts printing received packets to the
console.

Even though, it only seems to happen when the interface is configured with
dhclient...  I haven't been able to crash the kernel with the interface
configured manually, and I have run tcpdump multiple times.  Dunno if there
can a reason behind this, or is just a matter of coincidence...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/