Subject: Re: NFS problem
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2004 21:17:22
Greywolf said:

>You might want to experiment with 4096 or 8192.  I used to have problems
>with my IPX once upon a time doing stuff like this -- 1024 was a severe
>impediment, but it couldn't handle the default 32k.  8192 seemed to
>work well.

>[I believe 8192 was also the max blocksize for nfs2, so I was quite surprised
>at the time when I found we were using 32k!]

That will probably work. It probably doesn't help that the server is on my
100Mbit full duplex upstairs backbone, while my 10Mbit Suns are mostly at the
end of a 10Mbit line that goes down to the basement. :-)

Too many systems on the same floor means too much heat even with central
air.

I have an IPX that I would like to upgrade to 2.0, but I need to find out
how to turn off tagged queueing, as it only has a 1gig internal disk.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com