Subject: Re: PERC4/SC RAID compatibility
To: Cameron Brown <cameron@amitconsulting.info>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2004 20:50:55
Cameron Brown wrote:
> So far, the installation is just fine.  Which sets should I use?  -current I am assuming, but just to be sure...

The CD image does not include X so maybe everything except X? And of
course you need to checkout pkgsrc to be able to install bonnie.

> amr0 at pci2 dev 1 function 0: AMI RAID <PERC 4/SC>
> amr0: interrupting at irq 11
> amr0: firmware 350O, BIOS 1.09, 64MB RAM
> ld0 at amr0 unit 0: RAID 1, optimal
> ld0: 69880 MB, 8908 cyl, 255 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 143114240 sectors

Looks good :-) I assume those details (amount of memory and version
numbers) match what you see on the console. Let me know if this is
stable after running bonnie for some time (e.g. 24 hrs).

Martti