Subject: PERC4/SC RAID compatibility
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Cameron Brown <cameron@amitconsulting.info>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/2004 20:35:37
Hey:

I have seen some similar postings in the archives, but I haven't found any
answers.  I have three new PowerEdge 750's with PERC4/SC controllers in a
RAID 1 configuration on 2 73GB Seagate SCSI drives.

When I try to install, I get the error "I can not find any hard disks for
use by netbsd".  Then is says "click ok to go back to the main menu".

I then tried today's release of 2-current in hopes that it would have
native support built in. Unfortunately, upon booting from Disk 1, it
finally just says "read text", then conks out and reboots only to cycle
through the same.

Any words of wisdom out there for me? Or should I "gasp" try OpenBSD
instead?  I really love working with NetBSD.

Thanks for any help.

--
Cameron Brown
President