Subject: Re: How to sort with colorls ?
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/2004 06:22:42
On Oct 20, 2004, at 3:55 AM, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> i'm using colorls-2.2 as an alias for ls, for colored listings :)
> Now, I noticed that colorls is not able to sort, like ls can do.
> e.g.
>
> $ls -lS
> colorls: unknown option -- S
> usage: ls [-1ACFLRTacdfiklqrstu] [file ...]
> $/bin/ls -lS

'colorls' is not part of the base NetBSD system. It is a 'pkg'... That
means for unsupported features, you really should check the project
homepage for colorls and see if they provide any forum where you can
ask them this question...

IMO, 'colorls' is one of those abortions that the legions of 12 yr old
Linux programmers decided was important, but didn't fully or correctly
implement...