Subject: 2.0 snapshot BitTorrents
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 21:00:56
To test a few things out prior to the 2.0 release, I have made the
2004-10-16 binary snapshot of NetBSD-2.0 available by BitTorrent, for
the i386, sparc64, alpha, amd64, and macppc ports (and the source sets
as well).

This is a _one time_ experiment; we are almost certainly not going to
make all architectures or all snapshots available by BitTorrent because
it's just impractical; thousands of file descriptors and hundreds of
server processes would be required.

However, I'd love it if anyone contemplating upgrading to the 2.0 branch
before the release chose now to do it, and gave our BitTorrent setup
a workout by doing so.  You will find the torrent files in the
"binary/sets" directory of the 20041016 NetBSD-2.0 snapshot for each
architecture I've enabled on the releng.netbsd.org FTP server.

Please let me know how this works for you.  Also, please don't leech;
leave your bittorent client running at least for a _little_ while so
others can benefit from what you downloaded.