Subject: does anyone have the Xorg X server from pkgsrc working w/ -current?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 15:43:06
I'm running i386 -current and I recently recompiled all my packages with
X11_TYPE=xorg in my /etc/mk.conf.

Everything built with minimal coaxing, but after the install, my keyboard doesn't
work as an input device with any x clients, although CTRL-ALT-BSPACE will kill the server.

at the end of /var/log/Xorg.0.log are the lines:

(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
Unknown wskbd type 0

I get the same result using the old keyboard and the new kdb driver.
Changing the keyboard from usb to ps/2 also has no effect. [not surprising]

here's the keyboard input section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Has anyone had sucess with the Xorg server, or alternatively, has anyone else run into this, or a
similar problem? I'd really like to know if this is a general problem, or just some localized
stupidity on my part.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing