Subject: Re: syspkg dependencies
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 18:05:54
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:01:06PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Alan Barrett wrote:
> > I could almost trivially make my modified version of
> > distrib/sets/regpkg add "@exec mkdir" commands to the syspkgs, but
> > I have not done so.
>
> OK, I did that, and it works much better (though I still think it's
> a bug that pkg_add doesn't just DTRT with directories).  Excluding
> comments, the first few lines of the +CONTENTS file in my base-sys-root
> syspkg now say this:
>
> @name base-sys-root-2.99.9.0.20041005
> @cwd /
> @exec mkdir %D ; chown root:wheel %D ; chmod 0755 %D
> @exec mkdir %D/altroot ; chown root:wheel %D/altroot ; chmod 0755 %D/altroot
> @exec mkdir %D/bin ; chown root:wheel %D/bin ; chmod 0755 %D/bin
> @exec mkdir %D/dev ; chown root:wheel %D/dev ; chmod 0755 %D/dev

Cool.  Alan, I suggest using install, e.g.,

	@exec install -o root -g wheel -m 0755 %D/altroot

install has the nice property that it can write a metalog for mtree(8).
(In the far off future, I hope we can do privilegeless installs of
selected syspkgs, and then create a boot image with makefs(8).)

Dave