Subject: Re: syspkg dependencies
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 16:04:13
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:11:48AM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Peter Seebach wrote:
> > A bit of poking around suggests that syspkg doesn't do much, if any,
> > dependency checking right now.
>
> My patches in PR 22514 add more specific @pkgdep and @blddep lines to
> the generated syspkgs (instead of the "-[0-9]*" dependencies that were
> there before).  However, pkg_add doesn't install syspkgs correctly
> (directories that exist in the syspkg foo.tgz files do not get created
> by pkg_add), so you are still stuck.

Is the problem that there needs to be an mtree pass before system packages
are added (ick), or that pkg_add doesn't create the required directories
properly (also ick, but curable, I would have thought)?

Regards,
Alistair

PS.  For a time, I ran a lapdog with your patches from 22514, and it
was nice to have 450ish system packages which I could use to install
and de-install parts of the system.  However, some changes in the main
tree forced conflicts on a lot of the changes, and then I needed the
lapdog in a hurry to give presentations on, and I reverted back to the
sets.  This is a pity, and I'd like to look at this again (after
EuroBSDcon perhaps?).