Subject: Delayed keyboard to windows under X, with AMD64.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 08:26:37
On my AMD64 (running 2.99.9), I've noticed that every once in a while
my keyboard events freeze up for about 10 or 20 seconds.  At least, they
do that in xterm windows.  I'm not sure about other windows.

It is possible that xterm's output display is what is lagging.

I've seent it mostly while composing email lately, which I do by
using ssh to connect to another box, but I'm pretty sure that I've
seen this happen with purely local interaction.

I *know* that the window manager is getting (and displaying) results
immediately, since I have keys bound for cycling through windows in
my .twmrc file.  When a window locks up, I can flip to another window
and back before the window unlocks and pending characters are
finally displayed.

Possibly related, I get NFS errors in my dmesg from time to time.
I don't know if they correspond to the same time as my ssh/xterm
problems.

No, I don't ssh to the NFS server as a rule.

The NFS server, and the system that I'm usually ssh'ed to are both
running NetBSD/i386 1.6.

Am I the only one seeing this?