Subject: Re: syspkg dependencies
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 01:20:23
In message <20041019061616.GN17288@che.ojctech.com>, David Young writes:
>> (Hey, that reminds me:  Anyone looked at trying to crack the massive NDA
>> problems with the DiskOnChip people?)

>M-Systems?  They don't have a massive NDA problem, do they?  I had
>downloaded some of their datasheets to read, just the other day....

At one point, anyway, there was no driver-level documentation for their stuff;
I know that they were one of the very few binary-only drivers in BSD/OS, even
for source customers.  I think there was some kind of reverse-engineered
driver out there...  Maybe they changed their minds.  I was looking at it
maybe a year or more ago, in connection with a Technologic TS-5500.  They use
a lot of the M-Systems stuff, and apparently there's Linux drivers, but no
BSD drivers, except the now-defunct BSD/OS one.

-s