Subject: Re: syspkg dependencies
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 00:35:42
In message <20041019045043.GK17288@che.ojctech.com>, David Young writes:
>It's not dead, it's just sleeping.  I don't think it makes much sense
>to take steps with syspkg until some anticipated "new & improved" pkg
>utilities become available.  The existing pkg-utilities codebase is a
>dead end.

Fair enough.

On a related note, then:  Is there an easy way to build a -current system
with no Kerberos code at all?  Apparently putting "KERBEROS=no" in
/etc/mk.conf is not sufficient.

Context is, I'm trying to build a moderately-minimal distribution for
installation on flash cards.

Although, I think, I'm about to just admit that in practice I'd be better
off just buying 256MB flash cards and letting some space be "wasted".

-s