Subject: Re: Something recently broke Coda
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/2004 12:54:06
In article <86is9cwixy.fsf@athene.i.eunet.no>,
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no> wrote:
>I'm running Coda on NetBSD-current, and sometime within the last two
>months, something has broken the Coda client kernel code.  My laptop
>is running a kernel from August 14th, and I am trying to update it to
>a current kernel.  A short while after boot, it drops into the
>debugger, thus:
>
>uvm_fault(0xccb27384, 0, 0, 1) -> 0xe
>kernel: page fault trap, code=0
>Stopped in pid 1112.1 (venus) at netbsd:set_statvfs_info+0x32a: movl
>0x10(%edi),%ebx
>
>Venus is the userland part of the Coda client.
>
>I notice that there has been one single change to the Coda kernel code
>recently, thus:

Yes the change is wrong and has been reverted. The reason is that
set_statvfs_info requires struct proc is to normalize the mountedon
path in case the mounting process was chrooted. Our statvfs implementation
takes into account chrooted processes and gives them a consistent
view of the world. Have you tried to mount something from a chrooted
shell, then exit the shell and try to unmount it on a non-NetBSD system?

christos