Subject: Re: Changes to net/if.c cause panics (was: CVS commit: src/sys/net)
To: None <>
From: Daniel Carosone <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2004 18:04:33

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:54:09AM +0200, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> It seems that this change causes much more problems. My system kept crashing
> or freezing frequently because of that change. Several attempts to complete
> a NetBSD build failed because the system died. And my system doesn't use
> any removable network interfaces (unless the unused "fw0" counts as a
> removable interface).

I had my laptop freeze (in X, so no idea about messages) yesterday
when I removed my wi card, and again just now (without X) it hung for
~45s and then came back, but seems to be oddly slow.

After reinsertion, wi(4) is broken, and I get odd messages from my
interface configure script:

 ifconfig: SIOCS80211NWID: Connection timed out
 ifconfig: SIOCS80211NWKEY: Connection timed out
 ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Connection timed out

Again these messages on rerunning the script.  ifconfig wi0 down then
up, and the interface works again.

This should be backed out.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)