Subject: Re: File system > 1 Terabyte
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2004 10:25:39
> I'll probably need a few more inodes, esp. for a mail partition....  :-)
> BTW, what was that trick to avoiding so much "wastage" again?  Even
> fewer cylinder groups (and more inodes/g)?

Almost all the 'wastage' is space for inodes.
You can half it by using FFSv1 (not FFSv2).

A lot of the code has been changed to use unsigned ints for sector
numbers - so you get to 2^32 sectors.

Note that FFSv2 still limits you to 2^32 (or maybe 2^31) inodes.
Also I can't help feeling that the very large number of 'cylinder groups'
isn't actually a very good idea...

FFSv1 limits you to 2^32 (maybe 2^31) fragments - ie >2^32 sectors.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk