Subject: Re: wi0: record read mismatch, rid=fd42, got=fd41
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2004 22:32:42
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:50:31PM -0500, David Young wrote:

> Sometimes I see this, too.  Does it happen very often?
More or less, depended on what I was doing: light network useage (reading
mail, cvs updating src etc) didn't cause the panic, but rsync src to
or just watching the output of build.sh from another machine via ssh
often led to the panic.

> Try the attached patch.
Yup! No more panics, not even a single byte of output from the printf's
in wi.c! I've tested even rsync-ing some GB of images from and to another
machine in addition to the things I usually do via WLAN and which regularly
paniced the notebook.

-kurt