Subject: Re: Sierra Wireless Aircard A555
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2004 20:17:37
On Monday 27 September 2004 20:10, Michael Graff wrote:
> Sorry, I thought I attached this...
>
> Note that I don't know how to add all the possible IO ranges in, since I'm
> not even certain if there is a way to more or less replace the CIS
> structure like the hack-that-is-a-linux-driver does.

A few things:

1) You definitely need to have a "default" I/O range (i.e. 0); 2e8 is likely
to conflict with another serial port and therefore fail.

2) It doesn't matter that much, but you generally shouldn't set IO16 on a pure
8250-like serial device.

3) The config entry number, at least, doesn't seem likely to work on the A555.
Otherwise it doesn't look so bad, but I'd prefer to make the A555 code
emulate the replacement CIS exactly.  (Actually, I was thinking about adding
a way to insert an actual replacement CIS structure rather than our
pre-parsed version.)