Subject: Sierra Wireless Aircard A555
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/2004 12:28:59
     I'm trying to get a Sierra Wireless Aircard A555 to work with
-current.  This is a CDMA 1.x cellular card.  The card identifies
itself as a network card, but instructions for Linux show it being used
as a serial card running PPP.  The URL for the Linux instructions is:
http://www.sierrawireless.com/SupportDownload/ac555_Linux.asp .  I
added the card to pcmciadevs and to com_pcmcia_products[] in
com_pcmcia.c .  It attaches, but I can't talk to it using cu.  Any
suggestions on where to go from here?  Complete copies of my kernel
config file, com_pcmcia.c, dmesg.boot, and pcmciadevs are available at
http://victoria.tc.ca/~jnemeth/aircard555/ .  The pertinent lines from
dmesg are:

pcmcia0: CIS version PC Card Standard 7.0
pcmcia0: CIS info: Sierra Wireless, AirCard 555, A555, Rev 1
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x192, product 0xa555
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 700 mask 73
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask fff8; iomask 6, iospace 0-3f; rdybsy_active io8 io16 irqlevel
com2 at pcmcia0 function 0: <Sierra Wireless, AirCard 555, A555, Rev 1>
com2: ns8250 or ns16450, no fifo