Subject: Random hangs with 2.0G
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/2004 17:21:36
I've recently upgraded both my NFS server and primary client machine to
2.0G (sources as of 15-Sep).  Both kernel and userland were updated at
the same time.

On both machines, I'm seeing random "hangs", and it seems to be totally
unrelated to any activity or lack thereof on the machines.

At other times, things don't actually hang, yet nothing useful can be
done.  Attempts to log in get as far as displaying the MOTD and then the
login shell spits out an "Out of memory" error.  All this while the box
continues to route/forward packets to a local subnet!

Any ideas on what might be the problem?  Or suggestions on how to track
it down?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@juniper.net |