Subject: mount smbfs ok; ls -> invalid argument
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/2004 16:44:08
--9dgjiU4MmWPVapMU

Hi,

A few months ago I emailed about my problems trying to access a windows
share using mount_smbfs.  I haven't really made much progress, but just
wanted to ask again if maybe somebody has any idea what I might try to
get this going:

I can mount a windows share using

mount_smbfs -I FQDN -W WRKGRP -u jschauma -O jschauma //SMBNAME/jschauma ~/=
storage01

I can create files on the share and modify files on the share, provided
I know the path.  However, I can't read the directory or any
subdirectories in there.  IOW:

I can 'ls' files in the directory, but not directories.

Trying to read a directory will give me EINVAL.  Also, I can't unmount
the filesystem.  It will also fail with EINVAL, apparently.

This is on a 2.0_BETA system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Jan