Subject: audio inputs issues on IBM X.31 with kphone,audacity,
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2004 09:41:04
I'm having problems with audio input on an IBM X.31 laptop.

Unless I use mixerctl -w inputs.mic.preamp=on and inputs.mic.mute=off
I get nothing, and I get a feedback loop all the time with these, (headphones help but the mike is (as it says) always on)

volume control doesn't seem to have enough sensitivity, even for the built-in mike.

the device is an intel AC97/auich:

auich0: ac97: Analog Devices AD1981B codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, no 3D stereo
auich0: ac97: ext id 601<AC97_22,AMAP,VRA>
auich0: measured ac97 link rate at 47637 Hz, will use 48000 Hz

and there is a noted auich issue with microphone DMA in the man page.

Can I just get a confidence check from somebody that they have no problem with their mike input levels on another platform, using auich devices?

(I won't ditch the X.31! in other respects its a fine and dandy laptop)

cheers
	-George