Subject: Re: "unable to allocate scsipi_xfer" error messages
To: Manuel Bouyer <email@example.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/09/2004 16:09:50
Manuel Bouyer writes:
- I just commited changes to current that should help a lot if you get
- message like:
- sd3(mpt0:0:1:0): unable to allocate scsipi_xfer
- sd3: not queued, error 12
- If you have a way to reproduce this reliably (I was not on my test system),
- please test !
- The messages should still appear (I left them for debug purposes, they
- will go away later), but now the system should recover.
Well, I tested it yesterday (or was it the day before..)
The system didn't recover after these messages were
FYI: I can reproduce it on a two disk SS20 system, by
running the find cores statements out of /etc/daily.
I'd be happy to put an identical system on line, with
console access for anyone to beat on and test with.
Eric Schnoebelen email@example.com http://www.cirr.com
"But there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft."
-- Bill Gates