Subject: Re: "unable to allocate scsipi_xfer" error messages
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/2004 16:09:50
Manuel Bouyer writes:
- Hi,
- I just commited changes to current that should help a lot if you get
- message like:
- sd3(mpt0:0:1:0): unable to allocate scsipi_xfer
- sd3: not queued, error 12
- If you have a way to reproduce this reliably (I was not on my test system),
- please test !
- The messages should still appear (I left them for debug purposes, they
- will go away later), but now the system should recover.

	Well, I tested it yesterday (or was it the day before..)

	The system didn't recover after these messages were

	FYI: I can reproduce it on a two disk SS20 system, by
running the find cores statements out of /etc/daily.

	I'd be happy to put an identical system on line, with
console access for anyone to beat on and test with.

Eric Schnoebelen
    "But there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft."
						-- Bill Gates