Subject: Re: Graphical Sysinst in 2.0
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.info>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2004 14:22:01
--nYySOmuH/HDX6pKp

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:06:52PM +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> > have
> > concealing
> > great
> > >=20
> > > It's mostly prettier pictures, more bloat (so called modularity),=20
> > > less responsiveness, less information.
> >=20
> > Yep. But it looks nice to the newbies! :P
> >=20
>=20
> That is was the Point !=20
> It's clear that NetBSD need no fancyness, but if installing NetBSD is eas=
ier
> or look easier through a GUI we can win more users !
> More users means more energy, new knowledge and new ideas.

I'd be a little more blunt. Either NetBSD continues to grow (attract new=20
users, etc.) or it stagnates and dies. That is true of any organization.

I don't think that a graphical installer will be the magic wand that=20
"saves" NetBSD from death; NetBSD as a project can survive without it.=20
However I think it could be helpful in a number of situations.

Take care,

Bill

--nYySOmuH/HDX6pKp

--nYySOmuH/HDX6pKp--