Subject: Re: ipnat ftp proxy: any news?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/2004 20:37:48
On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 05:50:01AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <20040901220547.GB28724@endersgame.net>,
> 	Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net> writes:
> > The same thing happens with active FTP.
>
> Which makes it more likely that the ftp proxy isn't the culprit.
>
> > Only since switching to a sparc64
>
> Did you really use exactly the same kernel version before? IPFilter 4.1.3
> was imported recently. So you might experience this problem because of
> that and not because you are now using NetBSD-sparc64.

Yes; I was using ipfilter 4.1.3 on NetBSD/i386 2.0G, built within a day or
so of the kernel/userland for the sparc64.

> > If you have a more likely suggestion as to where the problem is,
> > I'm all ears.
>
> It sounds more like:
>
> *26581: IPF blocks legitimate packets due to incorrect TCP window check

That could be it, but if so, I'm wondering why I never saw it happen on the
i386 machine, as I do plenty of ftp downloads through NAT.. (pkgsrc on
multiple machines, etc)

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII