Subject: Re: Bad response...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/2004 11:27:34
|  Kudos for the folks responsible for those knobs - I find the
|  degree of flexibility they allow refreshing.

  Well, yes, but more knobs make tuning more difficult.

  Perhaps some magic counters would be in order, so that one can
put the black art of tuning into a set of rules of thumb: "if
foocount is larger by an order of magnitude than barcount, you
need to raise execmin" or such? Of course that would also allow
to auto-tune the values in the long run.

  Now as to _what_ the counters should count... will the real
vm experts please stand up?

	mjl