Subject: Re: IEEE 1394 support ... status?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/2004 00:20:48
thorpej@wasabisystems.com (Jason Thorpe) writes:

>What's the scoop with dev/ieee1394?

Adding a task-thread prevents a deadlock during scsi attachment.
Better sanity checking makes it compatible to a OX911 ieee1394/IDE adapter.

It still doesn't like the ieee1394 on a EPIA-M board and I doubt it
works with more than a single drive. The sbp2 layer is ... interesting.

Hot-plugging while being used causes an infinite loop in scsipi (but that
has possibly been fixed recently).

Otherwise I am using it with a backup disk :)

I guess most people want to use the FreeBSD code.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de