Subject: Re: Bad response...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2004 12:24:24
Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org> typed:
: I'm running a -current kernel on my laptop, which has 256MB of internal
: memory, and a quite slow HDD. The filecache is usually ~170MB, this is
: really way too much,

Umm, "too much"?  What do you expect your memory to be doing?  If you have
free memory after hours of use then you've wasted money buying stuff you're
not using.  It's great that it's using the memory you've paid for.  If you
have a complaint then it can only be because it didn't prioritise memory
usage properly.  Since you haven't indicated that that was the problem
you seem to have not quite understood what benefits of RAM are.  Or maybe
just haven't indicated that you've understood them.

Regards,
Geoff