Subject: Re: F'up: /etc/rc.d/sendmail weirdness: more info
To: Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2004 08:45:43
On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:11:41PM +0200, Martin S. Weber wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 08:20:49PM +0200, Martin S. Weber wrote:
>> (..) I (..) restarted sendmail via /etc/rc.d/sendmail restart. It then
>> told me (thank you :) that genericstable is newer than genericstable.db
>> and (obviously) regenerated it.
>
>The contents after this creation are as follows:
>
>$ makemap -vu hash genericstable.db
>root:   Ephaeton@gmx.net
>phaeton:        Ephaeton@gmx.net
>$
>
>Sendmail doesn't like that.

sendmail should like that just fine.  the genericstable is a regular
database, not an alias database.

>> (...)
>> I then regenerated the file by sendmail -bi -oA/etc/mail/genericstable.
>> (...)
>
>The contents after this creation are as follows:
>
>$ makemap -vu hash genericstable.db
>root    Ephaeton@gmx.net
>@       @
>phaeton Ephaeton@gmx.net
>$
>
>Sendmail likes this very much :p

that rebuilds it as if it were an aliases database, so you get the
extra record.  how is the genericstable defined in your sendmail.cf?
can you show the output of grep genericstable /etc/mail/sendmail.cf,
please?

>No one else is seeing that ? Did I shoot my sendmail config ? (btw: someone
>has a tool to recreate a .mc from a .cf ? :>)

no...no tool like that, sadly.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."