Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: linux emulation fixes
To: Marc Recht <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2004 22:08:40
Marc Recht wrote:
> I've just tried a -current kernel and 2.0_beta userland and still getting
> problems with the sun-jdk14:
> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x481280C9
> Function=(null)+0x481280C9
> Library=/lib/

> I also noticed problems with the Mulberry email client which just crashes
> without any usefull information. Both work fine with the 7.3 packages
> (before and after the changes).

Okay, there was fatal bug in the change (testing against wrong value).
Please try again with rev. 1.72 of

After this fix, both linux mozilla and Apache Ant for me, so I guess
sun-jdk14 should be fine now. To be honest, I'm not quite sure
why the intermediate version worked for my initial mozilla test ..

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-