Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: linux emulation fixes
To: Jaromir Dolecek <>
From: Marc Recht <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2004 14:21:48

> there was an important linux emulation change, which might fix
> crashes of linux applications using threads with SuSE 9.1 libraries.
> If you had issues before, please try with up-to-date kernel and report
> success/failure. I confirmed Linux Mozilla working now reliably,
> and would be interested e.g. if the Linux JVM works.

I've just tried a -current kernel and 2.0_beta userland and still getting=20
problems with the sun-jdk14:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=3D0x481280C9

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
        at Method)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at Source)
        - locked <0x4c501f00> (a java.util.Vector)
        at Source)
        at Source)

I also noticed problems with the Mulberry email client which just crashes=20
without any usefull information. Both work fine with the 7.3 packages=20
(before and after the changes).

> The change will eventually be pulled up to 2.0 release later.

I'm sure it's correct, but thought I better mention it anyway: You've=20
requested a pullup for -r1.117 -r1.118 change, but not -r1.116 -r1.117 of=20

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (NetBSD)