Subject: Re: -current won't boot - LK_SPIN spinout
To: None <shnek@tiscali.cz>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2004 11:48:05
Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> small addition:
>
> with GENERIC.MPACPI it gives me
> pid 1 killed due to lack of floating point
> repeated zillion times somewhere after
> root filesystem: ffs
>
> no way how to get to debugger.

Is it unmodified GENERIC.MPACPI? AFAICS this can only
happen if the math coprocessor is not attached via ACPI
for some reason. If you uncomment the 'npx0 at isa?' line
in the config, does the resulting kernel work and where
is the npx0 attached?

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-