Subject: Re: Status of firewire/usb support?
To: Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-nospam-to-reply.nospam.dyndns.dk>
From: antifuse <antifuse@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/2004 20:03:07
Hi,

I had a similar issue which relates to this (getting my iPod working
with firewire). Apparently NetBSD's firewire code is not to the point
where it can attach devices.

Takahashi Kiyohara was kind enough to point me to his patches which
integrates FreeBSD's firewire code into the NetBSD source tree. It
works great for me, and others have also reported success.

http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kiyohara/firewire/

Cheers,
antifuse