Subject: Re: build.sh installing of etc wished for...
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/2004 08:08:38
--UQUSR6hGnEXrhNQw

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:33:17PM +0200, Barry Bouwsma wrote:
  | Is there a `build.sh' target that I can use, similar to `install=foo',
  | which will not only install everying that `install=' does, but also
  | the `etc' goodies?

No, and I'd rather not add a specific build.sh option to enable this,
because I would rather not give people this rope build.sh when there
are other methods, primarily "extract etc.tgz" (see below.)

You could change the "installworld" target in src/Makefile to allow
you to pass in a different value for ${INSTALLSETS}, and then
invoke make or build.sh with INSTALLSETS="list of sets including etc".
This would require ~ 2 lines of change in src/Makefile...

  | If not, what is the recommended way to install everything to a virginal
  | brand-new installation after a distribution build?  Ideally without
  | a `release' build that seems to cause me problems with too many kernels.

After building a distribution (which is what './build.sh install=...' needs),
run
	./build.sh sets
and extract the resultant etc.tgz.

Cheers,