Subject: Re: mozilla won't accept text input
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: David Maxwell <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2004 11:09:21
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <>, Simon Gerraty writes:
> >I've got mozilla-1.6nb1 on 2.0G, and it works fine - expect that none
> >of the dialogue boxes accept any input.
> If you're using twm or certain other window managers, yes, it's a famous
> bug from Mozilla trying to outsmart the window manager's focus... Been there
> forever.

That sounds closer to what I've seen.

I use enlightenment. If I open a dialog (like Open File) and close it
using the keyboard, the main window stays out of focus. I have to focus
another window, then go back to the browser.

Another variation - submit the first page of a multi-page set of forms.
Find that the browser is in focus, but I can't type in any fields. Same
fix, defocus, refocus. That sounds similar to what others mentioned.

David Maxwell,| -->
Net Musing #5: Redundancy in a network doesn't mean two of everything and
half the staff to run it.
					      - Tomas T. Peiser, CET