Subject: installing of etc wished for...
To: NetBSD Current Users <>
From: Barry Bouwsma <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2004 14:33:17
[keep replies on the list, not to me, to avoid bounces, thanks.
 I'll catch up later from the archives]

Is there a `' target that I can use, similar to `install=foo',
which will not only install everying that `install=' does, but also
the `etc' goodies?

If not, what is the recommended way to install everything to a virginal
brand-new installation after a distribution build?  Ideally without
a `release' build that seems to cause me problems with too many kernels.

(This is for a crossbuild, and as noted, a first-time install, so I
have no pre-existing /DESTDIR/etc to worry about wiping out, but I
sure would like to have it installed.  I've hacked the maketars file
to do what I want successfully, but I'd rather have a Real Solution.)

barry bouwsma