Subject: Re: mozilla won't accept text input
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2004 12:42:02
john heasley wrote:

> Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:37:06PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin:
> > In message <20040728235909.50E692069F@frodo.juniper.net>, Simon Gerraty writes:
> > >I've got mozilla-1.6nb1 on 2.0G, and it works fine - expect that none
> > >of the dialogue boxes accept any input.
> > >

> > I use Galeon, not Mozilla, but I sometimes see the same thing.  As a
> > bypass, I select some text in an xterm; when I move the focus back to
> > the browser window, it works properly.  I've seen some indications that
> > with Galeon, the keyboard focus is sometimes in another tab, so
> > switching tabs explicitly might help.
>
> me too, fwiw.  It occured a *lot* more frequently for me (i386 -> sparc64
> display) before we found the FIONREAD arg type bug.  So, perhaps the bug
> is lurking in that area.

<AOL>me too.</AOL>

Galeon has does this for me for a long time (years), both on NetBSD
1.6 and 2.0.

My local home page has a google search box on it.  If it type ^T (new
tab), click on the home page button and click in the text box I can't
type in the text box.  If I select new tab from the file menu, click on
the home page button and click in the text box I can type in the text
box.  In the first case, clicking on another existing tab then back to
the new tab "fixes" the problem.  I also just checked, and if I have
focus in a text box on an existing tab and make a new tab with ^T, any
new text input doesn't appear in the old tab's text box either.

This has been just something I've learnt to live with.  But if it were
fixed I'd be happy :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/