Subject: Re: large FFSv2 -> file system corruption
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2004 13:08:52

"Darrin B. Jewell" <> wrote:
> If you're using filesystems above 1tb, you also need to see:
> I've been using ufs2 filesystems 4k frags /32k blocks fragments on ld0
> with 4294967295 (0xffffffff) sectors with those patches.  This is just
> shy of 2tb in size.  It works for me.

Great to hear that - I'm currently testing this.  How much disk space of
your 2TB filesystem is actually used?  I noticed that the corruption
appeared to only occur after a large chunk of data was written to the
disk (somewhere in between 50 GB and 230 GB).

If you are undertaking anything substantial, C is the only reasonable choice
of programming language.
	-- UNIX User's Supplementary Documents

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)