Subject: Re: README: sendmail changes
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2004 09:15:02
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 04:00:32PM +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> >Why not simply put sendmail=YES (or postfix=YES) in  /etc/rc.conf or in
> >/etc/defaults/rc.conf by default? This would be simple and without any
> >"magic".  Or am I missing something?
>
> that makes sendmail run for people who don't want it but have
> upgraded.

Ah, you mean that people who switched from sendmail to something else in 1.6
would find sendmail starting after they upgrade to 2.0? That's true. Now, I
understand all this seemingly overcoplicated "magic"! Thank you for fixing this
annoying problem (mail not being delivered by default). I think PR/21998 can be
closed, BTW.

Bye	Pavel