Subject: Re: matlab stopped working between 1.6ZH and 2.0C
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: Mark Davies <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/2004 16:58:31
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:03, Mark Davies wrote:
> > /usr/local/ /lib/ version
> > `GCC_3.0' not found (required by
> > /usr/local/
> Yeah same thing happens here.  I've just recently grabbed the suse91
> packages to see if they make a difference but since netscape7 crashes with
> them I'm not to hopeful.

so with matlab 6.5.R14 and suse91 (on 2.0F) I get a splashscreen up then:

 % matlab
 ??? MATLAB was unable to open a pseudo-tty: Invalid argument [22,1]
 The unix() and ! commands will not work in this MATLAB session.  Other
 commands which depend upon unix() and ! will also fail.  Your system may
 be running low on resources.  If the problem persists after a reboot,
 check with your system administrator and confirm that your pty subsystem
 is properly configured.

 Opening log file:  /u/staff/mark/java.log.1023
 Segmentation fault

and java.log1023 contains:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x4876D0C9

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
	at Method)
	at<init>(Unknown Source)
	at Source)
	- locked <0x4f098478> (a java.util.Vector)
	at Source)
	at Source)