Subject: Seeking pkgsrc guru.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2004 14:57:16
I'm going to be writing about pkgsrc.  I'd like a guru to offer
advice, suggest things I've overlooked, and so on.  My goal is to make sure
that pkgsrc is well-represented in this article, which is intended for
publication.  I'm sort of looking along the lines of the article I did
a while back for OSDN about the rc.d system.

In particular, I am very curious about the history of pkgsrc, and my initial
poking around has found very little documentation about this.  I know it's
a NetBSDism, but I can't find a Design & Implementation document, or anything
entirely similar.  (Although the pkgsrc documentation is, indeed, wonderful.)

-s