Subject: Re: HEADS UP: texinfo-4.7 imported
To: Thomas Klausner <>
From: Yong-Jhen Hong <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/2004 22:45:28

Quote from Thomas Klausner:
> I just finished the upgrade of texinfo in the base system to 4.7.
> Please let me know if I broke anything (man 1 send-pr).

This error occurs during my recent build, and it seems related to
the new texinfo import:

     #    create  libbfd/
-I/home/xxxx/netbsd/src/gnu/dist/binutils/bfd/doc --no-split -o
/home/xxxx/netbsd/src/gnu/dist/binutils/bfd/doc/bfd.texinfo Bad address Bad address
     makeinfo: Removing output file `' due to errors; use
--force to preserve.

     *** Failed target:
     *** Failed command:
-I/home/xxxx/netbsd/src/gnu/dist/binutils/bfd/doc --no-split -o
     *** Error code 1

     nbmake: stopped in /home/xxxx/netbsd/src/gnu/lib/libbfd

I need to comment the following lines to make it:

       Line 331: @printindex cp
       Line 348: @contents

I am cross-building NetBSD/hpcarm on FreeBSD-5.2.1R.

PS: The file bfd.textinfo can be successfully translated to
     with makeinfo 4.6 on my host system.