Subject: Re: NOTE: various changes need testing
To: Charles M. Hannum <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/2004 20:21:12
For some reason, I had the impression that this didn't affect PCMCIA NE2000
cards.  Strange brain-glitch on my part, I guess...

Anyway, I have a PCMCIA ne0 in my laptop.  It has a small problem which
seems to be unaffected by whatever Charles did.  The card works (with a
local hack) as before.  If I remove the local hack, the card does not

The hack is truly a hack: It bypasses a test condition that presumably
is useful for some cards, but which my card fails.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."