Subject: Re: lfs_mountfs: please consider increasing BUFPAGES to at least 0
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2004 15:17:05

> Hi,
>
> Today's netbsd-2-0 kernel still displays the message as shown in the title
> when I mount a LFS volume. I haven't checked -current, but I guess it won't
> be different since two branches have the nearly same file system code. What
> can be done to eliminate it?

possibly just remove this line from code as it's dummy check now.

anyway lfs is really cool :) it's probably the only filesystem available
in NetBSD with incredible features like:

1) disappearing directories without warnings
2) crashes on low disk space and high i/o load (if cleaner will clean
slower than space needed)
3) huge memory usage. actually all inodes are in memory.

feature 1 is the coolest one, and completely cured my interest of testing
this filesystem.